Wow! We were diggin’ in the crates last night and found my Red or Dead platforms from England that were lucky enough to dance on some of the most underground & trendy New York City Night Club dance floors of all time.
These bring back so many memories, some good, some bad, all never regretted moments in time in New York City. If these could talk, omg, the stories they would tell. But since they can’t, I guess I’ll give a little low down on some of the places & parties they have seen and danced in.
One of the first parties these made an appearance in was one of the best traveling parties in New York City (pre-rave). The DJ Disciple (from 89.1 FM) party, the parties would travel all through the city and you would never know where the parties were till he announced it on 89.1 FM.
A few other clubs these had the honor of gracing was:
- The World in Alphabet City East Village
- The Roxy on 18th Street and 10th Avenue
- The Mirage on Fordham Road in the Bronx
- Studio 54 on 54th Street between Broadway & 8 Avenue
- Roseland West 52nd Street between Broadway & 8 Avenue
- Kilimanjaro on 17th Street between 10th & 11th Avenue
- The Tunnel on 27th Street between 11th & 12th Avenue
- The Octagon on 33rd Street between 10th & 11th Avenue
- The Sound Factory on Crosby Street
- The Pyramid Club in Alphabet City East Village
- Coney Island High on St. Marks
- The Limelight on 21st street & 6th Avenue (These danced in a lot of Limelight’s parties. Even the Disco 2000 party ) Memories
- Mars on 13th street between 9th & 10th Avenue
- Cafe Con Leche on 5th Avenue
- Better Days on 49th street
- The Underground on 17th street
- Emerald City on 57th street between 11th & 12th Avenue
- Palladium on 14th street
I know I’m missing a few more clubs, will update this as it comes to me. Nothing better than having the memories of growing up/old New York City and having some of the items to touch/feel/show while telling those stories = priceless